tips on essay structure
A paper outline (whether it is intended for a term paper, essay, or a dissertation) is the basis of any successful writing, especially when it comes to an argumentative essay writing. So when it comes to creating a coherent and straight-to-the-point text, the outline is simply necessary — you will hardly go far without a clear academic paper. When working on an essay plan, you have a chance to estimate the amount of work to be done and sort out all types of content you are going to convey in your writing.
An essay plan will become an excellent guideline and help not to miss out any important main point for the story, logically linking all parts of the text. Simply put, an essay plan is a practical tool that makes it easier to compile a piece. Therefore, it is critically important to learn how to draft out an essay plan quickly and effortlessly. Do not know how to do it? Check out examples that are available online.
How to write an argumentative essay outline with introduction?
At first glance, outline writing may seem rather laborious. However, in fact, it isn’t so. You just need to understand the logic and the algorithm of working on the task, and all will be easy and fast.
The main task of the argumentative essay plan is to structure an essay and make sure to put your thought in a logical sequence so that the reader could comprehend the text easily. Once drafting out a paper plan, you are to follow it closely. Therefore, when starting work on it, try to build it using the following algorithm:
- Clearly formulate the theme of the essay — it surely defines the structure of your plan. The number of main points, your intro/ conclusion logic, and a thesis statement are highly dependant on the topics you choose.
- Make essay research — it is recommended to start working on an essay outline once the primary subject research is made. Having all the information, you are free to state your thesis and prepare a list of supporting arguments.
- Decide on a number of main points to show in your piece — Focus mainly on the three basic parts: introduction, body, and conclusion of your essay. Depending on the volume and complexity of the essay, each of these parts can be divided into sub-items. But it is not necessary to split the introduction and conclusion. It is only the body part that should be split into paragraphs depending on the main point they are discussing.
A good plan can make conducting research and then composing an essay very efficient — it must mention your:
- Essay title (e.g., Prostitution in the USA)
- Thesis statement
- Major points/arguments indicated by Roman numerals (i.e., I, II, III, IV, V, etc.)
- Support your major points with evidence, indicated by capital Arabic numerals (i.e., A, B, C, D, E, etc.)
Use this template when developing your own plan of an argumentative essay.
Tips for argumentative essay outline writing
The best (and easiest) way of composing a plan for an argumentative essay is to use theses as the headings of paragraphs and subparagraphs. On the one hand, it is a great idea for separating the main content into structural parts. On the other hand, you may still be on track, without breaking the plot of your argumentative essay or distorting the essay content.
Here are some recommendations on quality essay plan composing that basically makes your life easier:
- The clearer it is, the easier the process for you to summarize an essay is, and the more successful the piece is. Use short sentences instead of long and complicated formulations.
- Do not overload the it with points, use only those that are really meaningful and do not duplicate each other. Otherwise, it will be more difficult to distinguish them from each other and to orient in the development of the plot.
- If you do not know where to start the essay, ask yourself a simple question: what you want to talk about with the audience or opponents. The answer will define the idea of the whole piece.
- Each paragraph of the essay should be covered in your plan. This will guide you as an author and help you logically connect all the points into a single piece.
- List all your main points. Group them out based on relevance and logical connection. Decide on their order (it is recommended to start with the weakest arguments and move to the strongest down the text).
- Formulate a thesis statement only after the argument structure is decided on.
- The introductory and concluding parts are the last ones to decide on in your essay plan.
If following the above algorithm of actions, you can easily prepare an all-covering outline that will make your argumentative essays a success!
The essay outline is a prerequisite for winning essay creating. It allows you to position your thoughts in the most effective sequence, to adjust them to a coherent and rational presentation. What is more, it also brings up a sense of logic and “disciplines” consciousness in your piece. With an outline at hand, you can easily deliver any essay without spending too much time on info research and essay writing. All you have to do is to follow the predefined structure and add more details about the main points.
If you do not want to invest your time in elaborating the structure for your essay homework, it is not a problem at all. On our website, you can order professional assistance from the real masters of the business. Our writers can not only conduct in-depth research and develop a comprehensive plan but also write a real masterpiece to bring A+ to your collection of top grades! Check our prices. Our service doesn’t charge a lot, so you will be definitely happy about the price!