Need to write an argumentative essay, but do not know where to start? Want to improve your essay writing skills and deliver a real masterpiece to leave your audience speechless? No problem at all. We are always ready to share all the secrets of winning essay writing — from the essay topic selection to formulating your thoughts. We are here to help you with the assignment.
No matter what type of writing and project you are engaged in, whether it is a dissertation, thesis, essay, or a speech text, it all starts with the theme selection. Choosing the right topic is the key to successful writing, which is especially true about argumentative essay writing. The theme must necessarily correspond to the problems of the course under study. What is more, the student should take into account his own scientific interests and hobbies in the field to make sure the essay writing process doesn’t bore you from the very beginning. In addition, it is necessary to adequately assess the possibility of discussing a theme in full. Thus, it is necessary to take into account the availability and accessibility of literature on the chosen topic, to estimate the theme difficulty, your strengths, and set realistic tasks for yourself.
Argumentative essay topics selection & writing tips
Once you have an idea on what to write a college essay about, you should study the chosen theme. This is a necessary and important step in writing an argumentative essay. You should be well versed in the subjects and know what opinions exist about it in order to prepare your clear and consistent argument. You can search for literature in the library, on the Internet, read articles in newspapers, and other sources to get information.
During the collection of information, you should prepare as much evidence as possible — all the data are to support your point of view. Statistics, graphs, facts, empirical studies — all this will help you to make your argument and give constructive criticism of the opposite point of view if any.
Develop your core statement. This position contains the answer to the question. This is your main argument you are to state and prove with facts. Every proof and every paragraph will revolve around this idea confirming it. This statement should be clear and understandable to the audience. So make sure the topic of your argumentative paper and a thesis statement match.
Once you have decided on the side of your argumentative essay topic to represent, it is necessary to logically adhere to it and support the statement throughout the entire argumentative essay. If you change your mind, you have to rewrite the previous college essay paragraphs from scratch.
Make sure you clearly mark the spotlight. Every sentence in your argumentative essay should clearly indicate what you want to convey. You can even narrow the subject to highlight your position. For example, if you are talking gender equality in child custody, you do not need to be scattered with arguments about the rights of men and women in general. Your main goal is to be specific in your persuasive essay writing.
When selecting a college essay topic and covering it in your persuasive essay, it is necessary to rate your audience. Are you going to write at the academic level or to students of your age or to the readers of your parents’ age category? Your arguments must clearly support the logic, while you should focus on the emotional component of the theme.
How to select an argumentative essay topic?
Argumentative essays, also known as persuasive papers, require a writer to formulate his point of view on a given topic. Therefore, it is very important to choose a theme you have an opinion about and can clearly state on paper. What is more, it is always important to keep in mind interests of your audience and the theme up-to-dateness. If you have no idea what theme to choose, we have collected several great ideas to motivate and inspire you.
Argumentative essay topics about immigration
Immigration is a hot topic today. No matter what country you reside in, the question of immigration is very acute. Some people think that there is nothing bad in it, while others are against the tendency of people immigrating to other countries, especially when it comes to immigration. All in all, you will hardly find a person who is indifferent to this essay theme, which means that your argumentative essay is doomed to success. Here are some great argumentative essay topics connected with immigration that might inspire you.
- The increase in illegal immigration is due to poverty.
- Prostitution is associated with illegal immigration.
- Border policy in countries like the USA is irrelevant.
- The only way to stop illegal immigration is to make changes in rules.
- A system should be developed to send back illegal immigrants.
- Immigration is a help, rather than a hindrance, to the national economy.
- Immigration improves national attitudes towards foreigners and foreign cultures.
- Illegal immigrants may cause danger to their lives.
- All people born on national territory should be given citizenship.
Persuasive essay topics about animals
If you are interested in animals, especially animal rights and welfare, there are many persuasive essay themes that you can select from. There are all types of controversial issues in the modern world that revolve around animals. So your college essay theme will be always acute and important to the reader. Here are some of the essay theme examples you can consider for a persuasive essay:
- Medical animal testing is ethically wrong.
- Zoos are good for animals.
- Euthanizing stray animals is a humane solution.
- Sport hunting is unethical and inhumane
- Keeping wild-caught exotic pets is inhumane.
- Wearing fur or leather is always ethical.
- Animal dissection is a useful learning tool for students.
- Companion animals can help people who are lonely.
- Animal health is useless and expensive.
- The use of animals in medical research is a necessary evil.
- We need to protect dolphins better.
- Purchasing animal-tested cosmetics is wrong.
- Cats should get annual vaccinations.
- Animal extinction caused by humans should be stopped.
- A pet is not a child’s birthday present.
Persuasive essay topics about technology
In today’s world, it is hardly possible to find people who are not interested in modern technologies, new technological trends, and development directions. That is why it is always a good idea to cover technology-related themes in your persuasive essay writing. Here are some examples that you can use as a source of inspiration:
- Does technology facilitate the current learning process?
- Can technology stop cyberbullying anyway?
- Videos tutorials or classroom lectures — which is beneficial?
- Computers to replace doctors by 2059: true or false?
- How should social media be policed to reduce cyber-bullying?
- What technological breakthrough needs to happen very soon?
- Should the amount of technology research funding be increased or decreased?
- What is the cost of modern technology & innovations?
- Marrying robots: myth or reality?
- The progress of artificial intelligence is the act against God
- Facebook, Twitter, and other social networks are a danger to our privacy
- Has social media encouraged positive or negative communications among people?
Funny argumentative essay themes
It is always exciting to write an argumentative essay about something funny — it will bore neither you or reader. In this case, you will never fail. If you are searching for good ideas of college essay themes to cover in your argumentative essay writing, here is a great argumentative essay theme selection for you:
- Why spam email is your favorite type of message?
- Why gaming is the only thing you are expert at?
- Why customers are always wrong?
- How smoking helps your health?
- Why dental braces are fun to wear?
- Ways to win a contest for the worst ever tattoo.
- Things your mother is always saying.
- Why it is essential to get your grandma her own iPhone.
- What feminism ever did to you?
- The things girls would like guys to know.
- The advice a guy would give a girl about makeup.
- Ways to lose one’s BFF.
- Certain things that guys hate about girls.
It is never right or wrong in college argumentative essay titles. Select an essay theme that really interests you, and you will definitely win your audience.
If you do not want to write an argumentative essay yourself, you can always contact our service — we will continue all the work for you and deliver a ready-made essay to you via email. Invest money in your bright academic future!